Weather Forecasts | Weather Maps | Weather Radar

Saturday, December 24

Christmas wishes

Well I have always known that Christmas makes people go a little nuts but this year I feel especially crazy. Despite the tree and presents sitting just 2 metres away from me it does not feel like Christmas. Already the looming feeling of Kurt's treatment next week has set in and he has said a few times that he is not looking forward to feeling crappy. We had a most frustrating morning today trying to find somehwere that was open for Kurt to have his blood test. 2 places that said on the form that they are open on saturdays were not, the third place was closing as we got there, 4 hours earlier than the form said they should and then we finally found one that was open and he was in and out in 5 minutes. Thank goodness the traffic wasn't too bad but it still swallowed our morning, so I am not feeling much in the Christmas spirit.

Kurt is sleeping at the moment, he gets tired very quickly...I am tired too but I am too worked up to sleep. It is funny how life throws these obstacles at us and we must do all we can to work through them. Being on our own for the build up to Christmas has really proved to me that the most important thing about Christmas is being with those you love. Kurt and I so desperately wanted to be with his parents this Christmas and since we couldn't do that it would have been nice to head to my mums for a few days but that just wasn't going to work either. So we have been alone in the build up to Christmas and it feels so weird. I am used to being in a house full of people with the anticipation of food and gifts building a frenzied excitement, instead I am cleaning the house and playing computer games...not really my idea of Christmas build up. We will be with Kurt's aunt and uncle tomorrow which will be nice.

I'll take this opportunity to wish all of you who have been thinking of us through Kurt's illness a safe and happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

May all your Christmas dreams come true.

Love Rebecca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home