Weather Forecasts | Weather Maps | Weather Radar

Saturday, November 12

A little nervous

Hello everyone. Another big thanks to everyone that has email us. i am getting lots of positive messages and it means alot. Thank you!

Going to a show called the Big Boys Toys today, which I have been looking forward to for a while. Going to be lots of cars, bikes, boats, and technology. It will be a good distraction.

As you might know, Mum & Dad landed yesterday morning, which I had to pick them up at 5.30am! i am still trying to catch up on the sleep. They are going to be here till the 28th, so if you want to reach them, you can through my email addres, or Dad's cell phone number which he has on intgernational roaming.

My treatment starts on Monday, and this is how it will go:

  1. Week 1 - 5 days at the hospital, 8am - 4pm on a drip. The entire day is all a mixture of drug injection and LOTS of intravenous fluids to avoid kidney damage.

  2. Week 2 & 3 - There is a 10 minute top-up of on the Monday I believe, for both weeks.

Then the whole process starts again, and then again after that. So in all it will be about 9 weeks in total. The doctor is pretty confident that it will destroy the cancer. Because of my age, the regeim that i am going through will be a tough one as my body can cope with better, so they give you as much as possible to get the best results.

I can tell you that i will definently lose my hair after about 10 days, and I will loss some of my Ultra High frequency hearing, which does not bother me. Even thinking about shaving my head before it starts to fall out. Do it on my terms!! Might even put a picture up once I have shaved it off!

Will give you an update tomorrow after the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home