Weather Forecasts | Weather Maps | Weather Radar

Wednesday, November 2

not the result we were hoping for...

The oncologist called me a short while ago with the report from the CT-Scan I had this morning. They were able to verify the existence of the two growths but also found 'many other' nodules also in the lungs. This means it is for real.

He hasn't had a chance to look at the slides yet, so he has no idea where in the lungs they are. Either way i am going to be having chemotherapy. I asked him about the chemo timeframe and he says i will probably be starting treatment around the 14th of this month, so not very far away.

The treatment is going to be about 9 weeks, a 3x 3 week cycle. For the first week i will be in the hospital from 9-5 on a drip consisting of the chemo and lots of fluids. The second and third weeks consist of a one day 'top up'. I then start the process all over again, and again. I am expected to lose my hair about 10-14 days into it, depending on my body of course. I also need to do a lung capacity test, and a hearing test as they could diminish during the treatment.

I am unfortunately unable to make it to Australia for Christmas or even New Years as it coincides with my treatment, which I am really bummed about. I have been looking forward to it all year. Next year then....

I guess all we can really do now is wait for the Hospital to contact us, get the tests out the way and get the treatment started.

Thank to everyone who has emailed me recently, I love you all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home